Playwise Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Playwise Limited (registered in England with number 05090015), whose registered office is at Woodhouse Farm, Thornton Steward, Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 4AZ .
[Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Katharine Finkill.]
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide in forms and applications completed by you on the Site and/or sent by you to us by post. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit the Site in order to collect information about you. This enables us to:
- Remember you when you visit the Site to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build a profile of how you use the Site;
- Make the Site work as efficiently as possible.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the Site and/or delay the way in which it operates.
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share a password with anyone and must notify us immediately if an unauthorised person uses your password to access the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.